Life presents us with many challenges. Situations that can make us question our
beliefs, our strengths, our determination, and leave us feeling stressed,
confused, emotionally drained, depressed, angry, and sometimes even feeling a
little crazy. You start feeling
powerless, irritable, resenting the people that you love, and feeling all
around unhappy. You’re so overwhelmed with
trying to find solutions, that you completely lose perspective of your
resources, options and opportunities.
Then there are other situations that raise our awareness of areas of ourselves and our life that we can change or improve, and motivate us to pursue personal growth. These are the times when counseling can be beneficial. Let me help you sort through all the distractions these challenges can bring,
find options and solutions, and identify new opportunities for improvement and personal growth. We will work collaboratively to identify the methods and techniques that you’re most comfortable with, and that may promote the best results.
Let me help you:
- Gain a new perspective on your life, relationships and your experiences to help you identify solutions and options you weren't aware you had.
- Improve your self-esteem and increase your confidence.
- Learn to manage stress.
- Learn mindfulness techniques to increase awareness.
- Understand symptoms, so you may become empowered to make decisions that may help you achieve the level of life transformation you seek.
- Achieve greater insight into your emotions, and a deeper understanding of how they influence your behavior. Leading to greater emotional balance.
- Learn cognitive behavioral techniques to help you with behaviors you want to improve, establish, change, or eliminate.
- Learn healthy ways in which you can manage your depression and anxiety, and lower your stress, without having to struggle with the decision of taking medication.
- Understand anger. What is it? Why do we get angry? How do we control it? Once we identify where our anger is coming from, and we’re able to understand why we get angry, it loses its power over us.
- Learn communication skills that will improve your relationships.
- Learn about how important it is to integrate mind, body and soul to achieve greater mental wellness. Every aspect of our lives affects our mental well-being and vice versa.
Common Treatment Areas include:
- Domestic Violence
- Dating Violence
- Relationship Issues
- Anger management
- Sexual Abuse
- Family Conflict
- Parenting issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
DCF APPROVED CO-PARENTING COURSE
This course is for all parents seeking divorce and have minor children. It also is a requirement for unmarried parents seeking to establish custody. Classes are also offered in Spanish. For information on class schedule and pricing please click here.
I am a Florida Qualified Supervisor. If you are a Mental Health Counselor looking to complete your internship for licensure, please call me at